People use Vitamin E to support skin health and increase antioxidant consumption.** Vitamin E is a potent antioxidant that helps fight cell damaging free radicals in the body.** Free radicals can contribute to oxidative stress, which in turn may contribute to the premature aging of cells. Vitamin E is an essential nutrient for many cells, including heart muscle cells. Vitamin E supports a healthy immune system, brain, and eye health.** Vitamin E also supports muscle repair and growth and is important to take during endurance exercise.**
Alpha tocopherol is the most potent and common form of Vitamin E. Vitamin E is available in natural form, listed as d-alpha tocopherol. DL-aplha tocopherol is the synthetic form of Vitamin E. The natural form is more potent, and the synthetic form is only half as active as the same amount of natural Vitamin E.
• Supports skin health**
• Provides beneficial antioxidant support**
• Supports heart and cardiovascular health**
• Supports a healthy immune system, brain, and eye health**
• Supports muscle repair and growth**
• Contains 400 IU of Natural Vitamin E
• 100% natural Vitamin E
• Contains Selenium, also an antioxidant, that works well with Vitamin E to protect cells from oxidative damage**
• Rapid-release softgels
• Manufactured in USA
• Quality tested
• Convenient one-a-day dose
• Gluten free
Contains 250 softgels.
- Supplement Facts
- Serving Size 1 Softgel
- Amount Per Serving%Daily Value
- Vitamin E 400 IU1,333%
- (as d-Alpha Tocopherol)
- Selenium (as Selenium Yeast) 50 mcg71%
TIPS AND TRICKS
Tip: People with fat malabsorption issues may be more likely to be deficient since fat is needed to absorb Vitamin E.
A. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that protects cells from free radical damage. Vitamin E is important for skin, immune, heart, eye, and brain health.
Q. There is a big price difference between the natural and synthetic forms. Why should I get the natural form?
A. The natural form is a more potent, active form. The natural form contains all the tocopherols (the good stuff that does the antioxidant work) whereas the synthetic E only contains one tocopherol.
WHOLE FOOD SOURCES
– Nuts (almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts)
– Sunflower seeds
– Leafy greens (spinach, swiss chard, beet greens)
– Trout, shrimp
– Butternut squash
– Vegetable oils (sunflower, wheat germ, safflower)